A Healthy Sweet Snack Recipe: Carob & Peanut Butter Vegan Ice Cream Bars
We absolutely love ice cream – and it doesn’t matter whether it’s winter or summer! So for a healthy sweet snack idea we’ve combined our Supertreats Silky Smooth Mylk carob chocolate with dairy-free ice cream to make a deliciously indulgent treat. The oaty peanut butter base is topped with vanilla ice cream that’s packed with chunks of carob chocolate – heavenly and so easy to make, definitely a winner!
For the base:
- 100g oat flour (or just whizz up some rolled oats in a blender to make flour)
- 4 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons milk of your choice (oat, almond, cashew, rice etc. all work well)
For the topping:
- 1 x tub dairy-free vanilla ice cream
- 1 x Supertreats Silky Smooth Mylk carob chocolate, cut into chunks
- First make the base: Mix the flour, coconut sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl. Gently melt the peanut butter and milk then pour this in and mix well to combine.
- With your hands, press this into a small container lined with baking paper to cover the base in an even layer. Set aside.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to defrost slightly (about 10-15 mins) and spoon into a bowl. Stir in the Supertreats carob chocolate chunks then spread over the base and smooth out evenly.
- Cover and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours to set.
- Remove from the freezer 5 minutes prior to serving, then lift out and place on a chopping board. Use a sharp knife to cut into bars – then serve straight away!