This delicious vegan recipe combines energy-boosting carob balls made with our Supertreats bars, dairy-free vanilla ice cream and a delicious berry jam. A super-easy but deliciously healthier treat to enjoy anytime!
- 4 large scoops dairy-free vanilla ice cream of your choice
For the berry jam
- 200g fresh or frozen berries
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut sugar or maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Supertreats energy balls
- 50g rolled oats
- 50g dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 50g almonds
- 3 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1 x 40g Supertreats Smooth Mylk carob bar, broken up into chunks
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- First make the berry jam: Place the berries in a pan with 2-3 tablespoons water and chosen sweetener. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the chia seeds and vanilla and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the energy balls: Place the drained dates, oats, almonds and coconut in a blender and whizz up until broken down. Gently melt the coconut oil and the Supertreats bar then add to the blender and whizz up again until you have a slightly sticky flapjack mixture. Divide into about 18-20 and roll up into small balls and place in the fridge (you’ll have plenty leftover from the recipe so keep as a snack!).
- When ready to serve, remove the ice cream from the freezer 10-15 minutes before. Place a couple of scoopfuls in the bottom of a jar. Spoon over some of the berry jam, then add the rest of the ice cream. Top with a little more jam and add a few of the energy balls on top. Enjoy immediately!